Wednesday, June 20, 2007



Hm, I guess it's been a while again... Though I promised myself to do a better job with this... Anyway, I'm back home since three weeks and I had a really nice trip on Atlantic Concert. It was very different from Companion in many ways and I can tell you I'm happy the ships are almost identical. Getting use to the new way of working, it would haved been quite difficult to find my way in a new engineroom as well. The whole style on board was very different as well, but I really liked it. Since the crew was a bit bigger than on Companion it made my job a lot more relaxing, and I think that was exactly what I needed right now. After a couple of really busy trips I tried as much as I could to enjoy the peace and get to know my new vessel. I celebrated my birthday on board, with a nice BBQ party. The messman had made me a wonderful pink cake and the captain said something about me being spoiled as the only girl on board... Maybe he was right, but I wont complain!!! I'm going to miss Concert and her wonderful crew, but I'm happy I got the chance to join them for a while.

I will not get back to Companion right away. While I was on board Concert they asked me if I could join Atlantic Compass this summer. I said yes, and in about two weeks I will sign on in Liverpool and be there for five weeks. Then I will be home for a while and come back when they are going to dry-dock in Dunkerque in September. I'm really looking forward to it, my last dry-docking was a very good experience and I had a lot of fun. So, a new ship again and new people to get to know. I will keep you informed!

This vacation I have been to Stockholm for one of my friend's wedding. It was really nice and we had a lot of fun. I also met people from my years in Kalmar, when I studied at the Maritime Academy. My friend who got married was the only other girl in my class and we had a lot of fun together there and we still have.

Right now I'm just trying to enjoy the nice weather here and relax as much as possible, before I'm going back to work. I will get back before I'm leaving! (The picture is from the C/D canal the last trip.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home