Friday, October 12, 2007

Life is full of surprices and just when I thought that my vacation had started...
...the crew manager called me to ask if I can join Compass in Halifax next Monday...
Well, I have realised that I will never get a normal life (whatever that might be) and it's October, rain, cold and I'm in a pretty confused mode in all thinkable ways, so why not? I haven't yet signed off mentally, so no big changes there. Besides, I have never been asked to join any of the vessels in order to cover up for someone else before, so I shouldn't complain too much about this.
BUT... And it's a big BUT... The flight... Two hours from Gothenburg to London - fine with me, I can almost find my own airway across the North Sea by now, after my last three trips. But then we have the big issue - the flight across the North Atlantic. The North Atlantic is perfectly fine to cross with a large vessel, but NOT in an airplane. I've done it once and I'm still surpriced that I survived that, but can you be that lucky twice??? Hardly... Well, MAYBE a couple of other persons have crossed the Atlantic the airway a little more than once and survived, but as I've mentioned before - when it comes to aircrafts, I don't rely on statistics. So, this weekend will be all about this flight. By Sunday I should have come to the point where the panic takes over my life, let's see if I can share it with the rest of you.

3 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger The Ship Scrapping List said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger The Ship Scrapping List said...

Hi Sue,

Enjoy reading your blog, a very interesting career you chosen. I see the ACL ships arriving at Liverpool now and then, I think Compass is arriving on the 30/10/07 so will wave hello from New Brighton side of the river :)

Was the trip back across to UK ok?, i bet the north Atlantic can be a bit rough this time of year.

I hope the trip by air was ok for you and you wern't to worried, I have flew to Toronto in Canada and was one of the best flight i have been on. One flight i was on going to the US the capitan said over the intercom "welcome to the 6pm shedule flight to Libiya" that got a few of us worried :))

Will you sign off again at Goteborg.

Regards

GJ

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Suss said...

Hi GJ,
Yes my flight was more than ok, mostly because I was sleeping most of the time:-) But I really liked Air Canada and the service on board was perfect!
We had a nice trip across the Atlantic, no rough sea or bad weather, though it can be pretty tough sometimes this time of year. I went ashore in Liverpool, only for a short while, but it was nice. Yesterday I signed off in Gothenburg and right now I just enjoy being on vacation.
Take care and thanx for your comment, nice to see that I have visitors from outside Sweden as well!
Regards,
Susanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home